Friday, July 07, 2006

Google 15

Do you want to track your weight, but hate the idea of going to a specific web page every day to do it? Do you love Google as much as I do? Are you using the Google Personalized Homepage as your browser startup page? Well, you are in luck. There is a new (to me) widget available for the Google homepage called The Google 15 Weight Tracker. There is a longer FAQ about it here. It keeps track of your daily weight for the last two weeks, and creates a little chart of the moving average of your weight. You can easily see if you are gaining, losing, or holding steady.

I'm playing around with it now, and it's pretty neat. I'm too obsessed with going back over my historical weight data to give up using Physics Diet or the Eat Watch, but I've also realized that I have far too many places I write down my weight every day. Keeping them all in synch is a hassle, and even remembering to go to a specific web page every day to log your weight is a real mental barrier to some folks. I love the simplicity of the Google 15 widget, and think it will work really well for people who want a simple and painless view of their weight trend without the extra overhead of yet another website to visit every day.

I <3 Google. :D

3 comments:

Andre Alforque said...

I'm just waiting for you to rig your scale up with WiFi or something.

eingy said...

This is seriously cool. I am starting to use it.

Re: wifi. Not quite wi-fi but usb or bluetooth. :D I've seen other similar things.

eingy said...

My chart looks like the opposite of the sample image in your post.

Boo!

Last week was a calorically dense week, for no reason I can discern. Time to get back on the wagon.