Thursday, July 20, 2006

If you crave this...

What you crave, what your body is trying to tell you, and what you should eat instead.

General overeatingSiliconNuts, seeds; avoid refined starches
TryptophanCheese, liver, lamb, raisins, sweat potato, spinach
TyrosineVitamin C supplements or orange, green, red fruits and vegetables

Which is particularly interesting because I've been gorging lately on the trail mix in the break rooms. Maybe I should stop beating myself up for that, and just stop eating bread and oatmeal? But then how will I run?

*sigh*

Instead, I think I should just get ENOUGH SLEEP at night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great chart. I don't get cravings for specific foods very often, but when I do I've sometimes wondered what it is my body *really* wants. Thanks for posting this. Bookmarked.

Speedy said...

I've found that when I'm overeating on everything, what my body really wants is water. Also, whole wheat bread and oatmeal aren't refined starches, so you're allowed to keep eating those. Which reminds me, I need to refill my water bottle.

eingy said...

Useful chart to have around. I might print out a copy to carry with me when I go grocer shopping. :) Thanks.