Monday, November 28, 2005

No Car

What a difference having no car makes! A four day weekend in my new neighborhood, without a car, running errands, plus 11 miles of biking today to get to and (eventually) from work, and I'm just a hair's breath from hitting 50k seconds of exercise in November. Yay!

Of course, a lot of that "exercise" was walking all over town, or biking but at a non-race pace. As previously discussed, does that all count as exercise? Again, I wouldn't want it to be my only exercise, but I think it's "a healthy part of this balanced (lifestyle)." :) Starting on Dec 1st I'll be having my ass kicked for 3 hours a week at a "boot camp" offered at my company gym. So I'm in no danger of giving up the "real" exercise habit anytime soon.

I'm loving my bicycle, and can't wait to log all kinds of hours on it, to and from work and around town and eventually training for the triathlon.

Oh, and one last thing. My weight has been hovering around 150 lately, a few pounds up from last month. This is no big surprise given my habits these past 3 weeks. Yesterday I weighed myself and it read 147. I didn't believe it, so I weighed myself again, and the scale then told me I needed a new battery. Okay, that made sense. But I weighed myself this morning with the fresh battery and it read 146. Um, huh? I tried on my skinny jeans, and they fit, and the mirror seems to at least not completely deny the possibility of 146, but, um, still. Seems kinda low. Tomorrow I'll come in early to work and weigh myself on the real scale at the gym. Because I know everyone is dying to know my weight. No, because it would kinda suck if I couldn't trust all the weight data I've collected from my bathroom scale. :(

3 comments:

eingy said...

In a similar vein, I was shocked to find that I didn't gain weight over the last few weeks. I've revised by calorie consumption since I first started this new eating habit thingy back in mid-October because it was too aggressive, but I'm surprised that I'm still on target for the revised schedule (a little over 1/2 lbs loss per week).

I think all the frenetic activity burned off a lot more than I expected it to.

Andre Alforque said...

My theory is that gravity is not as powerful in San Francisco! :D

Honsetly, I believe stress burns calories. Over the past few months, I have been more stressed, but have not changed my (horrendous) eating habits; I lost about seven pounds in two-and-a-half months.

Unknown said...

That's great, Ei-Nyung! That's about the pace I'm trying to hit myself.

Stress usually makes me gain weight. Hmm.

7 pounds! Wow, without trying, eh? Was it weight you put on recently, or more fully established pounds?