Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Back to Running

I've gotten back on the running bandwagon. Big thanks to Samo and the Bananachase 5k for that.

I ran for 40 minutes (3.5 miles) on Saturday, leaving M sleeping in bed because he had left his running shoes at home. It was a slow run (I wasn't running for speed), but it was extra slow thanks to the 18+ degree grade San Francisco hills. I felt really great after that run, and thought about lengthening it but I had things to do and people to see.

Monday I ran 2 miles at 10 minutes per mile on the treadmill before my weights workout, and that also felt good.

Tuesday I ran 2.25 miles on the treadmill, but it felt awful. I was nauseous at the half mile mark, and it never really got better. I took a walking break in the middle, then started up jogging again really slowly. It was a bear to get through. :/

Today I'm going to spin or elliptical instead, so as to ease back into this running thing. Samo is an invaluable source of information for me, and endlessly encouraging. I remember when we started workout out together I was so worried that she'd be bored or dissatisfied because I'm not nearly as fit as she is, but it hasn't been that way at all.

Hurray for workout partners and regular exercise!

No comments: