Saturday, November 04, 2006

Long, High Run

Today I went for my long run: 5.1 miles in 62 minutes. Eh, so it was slow, but it was consistent! I ran away from my house for exactly 30 minutes and got back to my house in 32 minutes. I also, randomly, went over one the city's highest, steepest hills: Lafayette Square. Oops. From 50 feet above sea level to 378 feet, with some blocks at 25% grade. Whee.

You'll notice by looking at the President's Challenge meter on the right that I haven't made much progress toward my supposed goal. I earned only about 200 points a day on average on October. That really won't cut it. Now I'd have to earn 676 points a day on average for the rest of November to get the Silver Award. I earned about that many today, but I'm not going to run an hour every day for a month.

Still, I'm going to get as far as I can. I think I can still make the goal before the new year.

No comments: