Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Maxes

Remember when I complained that my theoretical one rep max weights for squat and benchpress put me in the "Novice" category according to a particular weightlifting website? Turns out, they were pretty much right.

Today Samo and I found out what our one rep max weights for squat and bench press were. Mine were:
  • Squat: 135 lbs, or nearly to Intermediate but not quite
  • Bench Press: 95 lbs, or just above Novice

    oh, and:
  • Pushups: one, after those bench press attempts
  • Pullups: nearly one. Boo. :(

    I actually did two reps at 95 lbs on the bench press, but couldn't budge 100 lbs. And thanks to the fitness trainer at the gym who helped us make a two person spot for the squat. It made me feel safe to try (and fail) to squat 145 lbs.
  • No comments: