Monday, December 11, 2006

8 weeks

Do you see that bar chart on the right, the one that says "39 pounds lost, 14 pounds to go"? It's said that for a long, long time. I'm tired of just thinking about losing those 14 pounds instead of really commiting to it.

So I started an 8 week weight loss challenge here at work. It's very simple: $10 buy in, winner takes all, winner is determined on percentage of total body weight lost. The challenge starts today.

In related news, I'm 83% of my way to a Silver Medal. I think I'll get there by the end of December, but I'll have to work hard.

2 comments:

eingy said...

Wow, right on! Good idea, especially doing this with coworkers since I find that it is easiest to eat badly at the workplace.

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm in the same place you are! I've lost about 20 kg, and have maybe 10 kg to go. The thing is, I've been at this point for months! It's like I've lost all motivation to keep pushing the weight down. I really need to kick myself in the butt and get moving again.

Well, at least I don't have to worry about thinking up a new year's resolution!