Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Ah, sleep

Last night I got 8.5 hours of sleep. Oh, what luxury.

Today's run. I didn't time it, but it took somewhere around 30 minutes ~= 10 minute mile pace. Awesome: exactly what I was looking for. The weather was really great, too, with a nice breeze coming off the water.

Then we swam 900 yards but in a mixture of drills and sprints. I've gotten much faster with my swimming, but I'm still very much limited by how fast I can take in air. Shorter sprints (25, 50, 100 yards) I held a nice steady pace, but the longer one (200 yards) I totally lost it. Then again, I wasn't exactly fresh by then.

The other day I looked up the swim, bike, and run course maps. You'll notice that the run is downhill for the final 1.5 miles. Sweet! But, it's uphill for the first 1.5 so I better put more hill work into my workouts.

Oh! And as for my "workout before major meals" theory: today at lunch I really loaded up my plate (healthy stuff all) but was full after eating only a third of it, and so I stopped eating. Now, an hour later, I'm still totally full. Fantastic.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"Oh! And as for my "workout before major meals" theory: today at lunch I really loaded up my plate (healthy stuff all) but was full after eating only a third of it, and so I stopped eating. Now, an hour later, I'm still totally full. Fantastic."

I must've missed this when you wrote about it before, but Steph and I have been doing the same thing, with similar results. My appetite has adjusted too, so that I'm no longer starving when I get home from work. We eat less and get a better workout, though were not any hungrier for it. w00t!

Unknown said...

I edited my last post to add a comment about working out nearer the beginning of the day than the end, maybe you missed the edit.

With all the triathlon training I had taken to doing after-work workouts, but I noticed that I still would overeat at lunch sometimes. When the race is over I can't wait to get back to my pre-work workout.

Fantastic that you guys are using that basement gym. :)