Friday, April 21, 2006

Results

"I hate discipline but I love results."

That pretty much holds true for most aspects of life. Mine, at least. :)

Oh, and the other day a coworker and I were talking about possibly going to the See Jan Run Sports Nutrition Clinic, I mentioned that if she ever wanted to hear my thoughts on nutrition I had plenty of them. In the ensuing conversation I mentioned that I used to weigh 200 pounds, and her jaw dropped (I love that reaction). Then she said something about me being "so skinny" (which I'll also never get tired of hearing, even if it's not really true). Then the best part: she said something like "you lost 80 pounds!?" and I said "no, no. I weigh 150 pounds" and she was very surprised. I said "I'm dense, I guess. Lots of weightlifting."

So, there ya go. I still think of myself as fat, but I'm not. Nobody else thinks I am. Someday I won't either.

2 comments:

eingy said...

I know it's not the kind of thing that's gonna sound like the truth until you think it is -- ok, now I'm just summarizing what you said! -- but you really do look skinny. Even better, you've always looked fit. So now you look both slim AND fit. No one wants to see a slim-but-wimpy/flabby person. You look totally awesome everytime I see you.

Unknown said...

You are right. That sounds like a lie. But a beautiful lie.