Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Triathlon Gear

SWIMMING:
Tri Shorts: Zoot Sports Tri Sport Shorts

Bra: Maia by Moving Comfort, which I had to get in a band size too small and a cup size too big because they don't make them for B-cups, but is still the best sports bra I've ever owned.

Wetsuit: Rental, Xterra sleeveless.

Swimming cap and goggles, of course.

Watch: Watch half of my Polar F11 heart rate monitor. I have honestly not decided if I want to wear the heart rate strap and track my heart rate or not. On the one hand it would keep me entertained and could give me some useful feedback. On the other hand, I don't want to just be messing with it the whole time. Need to decide.

BIKING: (wetsuit, swimming cap, goggles come off, all else stays on)
Biking Shoes: Shimano SH-MA80

Biking Pedals: Shimano SPDs of some variety. $50, entry level.

Socks: Thorlo crew socks. These are FANTASTIC. I may change socks between the bike and running, not sure.

Singlet: "See Jane Tri" branded Moving Comfort triathlon top, which was on mega-sale (~$30).

Bike: Fuji Absolute 4.0. A friend is going to loan me his aero bars too, score!

Eye Glasses Strap: $5, priceless.

Shorts: Maybe I'll wear a pair of shorts over my tri shorts, maybe not. It would be to keep me warm.

Arm Warmers: I have these great arm warmers that I'll probably keep handy in case it's cold that morning. I'll be losing a lot of heat as the water evaporates off of me from the swim.

RUNNING: (bike shoes come off, all else stays on)
Running Shoes: Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6, with Superfeet orthotics. These recently replaced my Brooks Adrenaline GTS 4s that I loved but were getting pretty long in the tooth. The orthotics are a new addition, though.

No comments: