Monday, December 19, 2005

Free Food

I've been working for DW since September 6th; 15 weeks so far. 15 weeks of free food. Well, and lots of other things, but we're going to talk about the free food.

People at work predictably talk about the "DW 15," referring to the number of pounds people often gain after joining the company and having access to the commissary everyday.

Over the past 15 weeks I have instead lost weight, nearly consistently, at a rate of 0.2 pounds per week. There was a blip at Thanksgiving, which almost goes without saying. But since September 6th I've lost 3 pounds. While eating as much free food as I want.

4 comments:

Andre Alforque said...

You'd be in trouble if there was a Dunkin' Donuts just around the corner!

How is the caffeine intake?

Unknown said...

So true! Actually, no. I rarely ate them when I lived in Boston because they were freely available. It is the novelty and scarcity that makes them desireable when I travel. :)

Caffeine intake so/so. I was just thinking of that today, actually.

Back from Chicago? When are you driving north again?

Andre Alforque said...

I have found my activity level has increased quite a bit even just during my stay in Chicago. (I am here until tomorrow. Can you believe it is 11 degrees outside, with a "feels like" temp of -3!?) I forget how dependent I am on my car in So Cali!

Caffeine used to dominate my life. In fact, I can attribute some very memorable moments in my life due to caffeine induced insanity. I often wonder if I have a minimum caffeine level to help me function. (I avoid caffeine as much as possible now-a-days). It's a deadly predicament trying to find the right "balance;" like, trying to maintain an alcohol buzz.

Unknown said...

Viva la car-free-living!

Luckily I don't need caffeine to function, but when I DO use caffeine during the day it is an awful lot like caring and feeding for an alcohol buzz.

And we all know how good I am at that... :/

How is your jacket holding up in the bitter bitter cold?