Monday, December 19, 2005

Triathlon Training

My triathlon training schedule is based off of this plan I found on beginnertriathlete.com, then modified slightly because the bike and run distances it was designed to train for are slightly different than my race's. Today is day 1.

So!

Today's Menu:
28 min bike
12 min swim

My commute involves 70-80 minutes of biking, broken up into two 15 minute and two 20-25 minute chunks. For today, especially because I don't have all my gym gear here with me, I'm just counting my commuting minutes as my training minutes. In general, though, I shouldn't do that because I can't get a good, focused, sustained effort in while dodging cars and stopping for traffic lights. :)

The swim was fine, though I'm still very slow. 10 laps (500 meters) in 12 min 48 sec, 39 meters per minute, 43 yards per minute. My first lap was about 50 meters per minute. I just couldn't keep that up at all. I can run and run and run, but I look like a dying sloth in the water. :)

No comments: