Thursday, October 27, 2005

Give it a Tri

This year on my birthday I ran my first competitive race ever (outside of high school), the Revlon Run/Walk 5k. I did alright, finishing in about 31 minutes which is a 6 mph pace. Not too shabby for someone who wasn't trying to run for speed but rather "I have bad knees and would like to be able to walk tomorrow and don't want first-race excitement to get the better of me and make me burn out halfway through the race."

When I move to SF I'm going to buy a bike, so I've been thinking about triathlons lately. I went to Active.com tonight to see what kind of events are going on in the SF area in the spring, and lo and behold the 8th Annual Napa Valley Sprint Triathlon is on my birthday next year. This is prefect because most "beginner triathlete" guides I've seen involve about 5 months of training, which is basically how much time I have before I hit the big 3-0.

Anyone want to race with me? Or, barring that, does anyone want to go to Napa Valley with me for a relaxing birthday weekend and cheer me on?

No comments: