Sunday, October 30, 2005

Solidarity

As I mentioned before, many of my friends are doing NaNoWriMo in November: write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I also mentioned that I'd have to forgo NaNoWriMo this year in favor of staying in shape.

So, in a show of solidarity, my goal for November is to exercise 50,000 second, which is 833.33 minutes, also known as 13.89 hours. That's 28 minutes a day on average. Okay, so it's not the highest, most challenging goal. But it is doable, as opposed to the 50,000 minute goal I first thought of (there simply aren't 28 hours in a day).

Look a new and improved goal meter, coming soon.

5 comments:

eingy said...

That is awesome. Go November!

eingy said...

This is inspirational. I am thinking that next year, on the month of June, I should do this. This would be just before I turn 30, and it would be something I have never done before: exercise everyday.

Unknown said...

It's been a VERY difficult habit to create and maintain. It's gotten much easier over the years, but I clearly still devote a lot of thought and effort to it.

I'd join you in a June Exercise Challenge Throwdown Hello Kitty Fun Match.

eingy said...

I think by then, I will have psyched myself up enough. :D I'll try to recruit more people too.

eingy said...

"June Exercise Challenge Throwdown Hello Kitty Fun Match"

ROFL!