Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Goals

She tooks the words right out of my mouth. Goals, rewards, milestones, carrots and sticks. And it's very important that the rewards be things that you want, that are worth working towards, and that don't derail you from further progress. Rewarding my weight loss with a pint of ice cream wouldn't be a very good idea. :)

Here are my carrots. I still need to fill in some of the rewards. I also have to rearrange that road bike reward since I'm not going to reach 140 lbs by the time I move to SF, and the car is going bye bye when I get up there. But buying that heart rate monitor was very gratifying.

Done
155 lbs
fat% checked with calipers
150 lbs
A new bag or outfit
150 is the new trigger weight
148 lbs
Heart rate monitor
To Do
145 lbs
fat% checked with calipers
145 is the new trigger weight
143 lbs
140 lbs
Road bicycle
140 is the new trigger weight
138 lbs
GOAL! (maybe)
135 lbs
130 lbs
25” waist?

1 comment:

eingy said...

I love this!

I've always had sort of a boxy shape, so even when I was <130, my waist was 28-29". Now, it's bigger. I just measured myself today.

Maybe I should set up a reward for my weight goal too. I set one up today on my FitDay program for the PC. :)r