Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Plodding Along

The holidays were rough with my schedule and waistline, big surprise. Eating and drinking out with friends was frequent and excessive, but eating with my family was moderate and healthy. Healthy eating with my family? Is it possible? My weight problem (partially) stems from bad eating lessons learned at home when growing up, but now that I've fallen into the "ultra-health-nut" role with my family it's easy to say no to anything unhealthy because I'm hyper-aware of trying to be a good influence when I'm around them.

But now the holidays are over and I'm home, pseudo-sick, and struggling to transition back into the healthy regular eating plus triathlon training exercise schedule. I love pleasure as much as everyone else, and the cold weather and sickness and ramping up of pressure at work and prolonged singlehood are making thoughts of coddling myself with food and other pleasurable vices very appealing. I did just that on Sunday night, tasting so many different sweets that my small portion sizes were outweighed by the number of portions.

I'm hovering just south of 150lbs, but a soft 150lbs. Battleplan:
1. For the time being no more coffee at work, just tea.
2. Strinctly limited personal internet time at work. (Easier now that I have internet at home, finally)
3. Eat food that will help me get over this cold.
4. Full nights of sleep are manditory. Using my car to commute is encouraged to realize this goal.
5. Excercise moderately. Yoga, for example.

This cold may actually HELP me get back into the healthy groove, after all.

No comments: