Monday, January 30, 2006

Weekend Badness

A good friend of mine was visiting me this weekend, and I allowed myself to eat way too much food and neglect exercising altogether. Yummy Indian dinner at Pakwan plus a concert (= drinking) on Friday, brunch at Boogaloo's and dinner at a Korean restaurant in the Tenderloin plus another concert (= more drinking) on Saturday, capped off by Tartine (butter!) and new england clam chowder in a bread bowl on Sunday. Add in two skipped workouts (Friday and Sunday), a coworker's housewarming party followed by a social dinner I wasn't hungry for on Sunday night, and we have a very icky and bloated feeling me on Monday morning.

But I'm such a trooper; I not only did my short swim + short bike workout this morning, I broke my fastest swim record AGAIN. I wasn't feeling very good while doing it, though, so I'm hoping I didn't miscount my laps. :/

I also added and rearranged the bits and bobbles on the right over there. I'm tracking my "2006 in 2006" minutes, and am slightly ahead of the curve to meet that target (34.6 gym exercise minutes on each of the 58 non-holiday weekday days between Jan 23 and April 13 is the target pace). I also calculated my triathlon finish time based my current "best times", and I'm so glad I did because it points out that cycling, not swimming, is my big clear obvious weak spot. I've been skipping a lot of long biking workouts because they are on Fridays, so maybe I should rearrange things a bit for a while so I can get that average speed up.

2 comments:

eingy said...

Best time yet! That's fantastic. For every step back, you make two steps forward. Or sometimes, one, but still, that brings you back up to even.

So... what Korean restaurant did you go to? :D

Unknown said...

I can't seem to find the receipt from dinner... Ah well.