Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Resources

Whatever it takes, right? I read or skim almost every fitness/exercise/diet/nutrition article and blog post I come across. 50% are garbage, but many have at least some value, and a few really stick with me. Maybe they just inspire me with one idea, or get me to change my philosophy a bit, or add one useful word to my fitness vocabulary. The Hacker's Diet was my first real inspiration, and though I don't agree with everything I have truly incorporated many of his suggestions into my daily life. Skinny Daily Post remains on my daily reading list, even though I find some of the articles repetitive. I check in on Stumptuous every month or so, even though she's far more hardcore than I'll ever be.

It's too early to tell if the ideas at Everyday Systems will make it into this esteemed company, but I think there is a decent chance. Reading only a third of the No S Diet page made me get up, go to the break room, and PUT BACK the Oreo cookies package I had on my desk. (I have been letting these treats become a daily, sometimes multiple times a day occurrence, and I get less and less joy from them with each passing day.) Shovelglove is a bit cheesy, but I agree that regular resistance exercise is ESSENTIAL to your health. I think pushups/situps/dips/etc. are just as valid, however, and aren't as likely to end with a smashed toe/floor/window. Urban Ranger re-inspired me to leave my car at work on the weekends and walk/bike places instead of driving and circling circling circling for parking.

No comments: