Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Swimming Update

I felt pretty strong in the pool this morning, so after my first few laps I set a goal for myself: I wanted to swim as fast as my record pace (41 yd/min) but for the full 28 minutes (that record was set during a short workout, and this was a long workout).

I beat that by 11 seconds. 23 laps in 27 min 49 seconds. 41.342121 yd/min. Still rounds down to 41. :| But I felt really strong. :)

I was really hungry (and ate and ate and ate) all day long yesterday, and it wasn't until right before a dinner with a friend (doh!) that I lost my appetite. Luckily we went for sushi so I could get a small portion. I really think that all that food helped my performance this morning. Now I understand why people eat a lot of food the day before a race.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Carb up!

eingy said...

That's fantastic! Nothing feels as great as beating your own personal records. :D

How are the running and biking for distance going along? I've been keeping an eye on your bar graphs on the right, but perhaps they haven't been updated in a while?

Good work!

Unknown said...

No, those bar graphs are up to date. :(

I've been doing most of my biking on a Spinning bike, so I have no idea how far or fast I've been going. I plan to fix that this weekend and conquer my fear of long outdoor rides. I'll have new data then.

As for running, I don't see my fastest time getting better anytime soon. :) And for distance my "long run" times have only recently gone over 30 minutes and I've skipped the last few long runs, so I haven't beat my 5k "longest run" either. :) I do plan on running when I'm in Tucson (Thursday-Saturday) so hopefully I'll be able to update those.