Thursday, March 02, 2006

Lunchtime Triathlon Training Camp

Apparently the turnout for the 6:30am - 8:00am Triathlon Training Camp at the work gym was so low (3 people) they've re-evaluated the wisdom of their choices and moved the class to 11:30am-1:00pm. Yay! Even better, it's now Mondays and Wednesdays instead of Tuesdays and Thursdays, which works much better with my meeting schedule at work. They couldn't have made this any better for me, really. Even an after work class wouldn't have been as good because late afternoon is when I get into a really good work groove, and I usually have social engagements at night.

This new class starts on March 13th. I've already signed up. All the training I've done since December has built a nice base for this class, I think. I hope. :)

In other news; I haven't worked out since that bike ride and yoga class on Sunday. I walked into work on Monday and was faced with a super high priority task, on top of a deadline yesterday that was pushed to today. I was at work until midnight on Monday and I let working out slip so that I could take care of myself (sleep) so that I could be super-effective at work. The strategy has worked, but I'm eager to get back to the gym. I have concert tickets for tonight and tomorrow but I'm going to try to get in there for at least a little bit. We'll see how today goes.

Oh god, Tim (triathlon training coach) is going to kick my ass... eep!

3 comments:

Andre Alforque said...

I thought of you as I cycled 2.4 miles home today (drop car of at mechanic). The ride totally kicked my ass! I bow down to your superior physical capabilities!

ecxen - what happens when blood rushes to man's penis.

Unknown said...

You have a bike?! Since when? :)

Trust me, I'm not in great shape. I'm in decent shape, but I could lose it in a year if I stopped working out. You could get to where I am now in a year if you started.

ecxen - what happens when blood rushes to man's penis. : Funny, I learned a different word for that.

wddjo - what women use to... well, ya know.

eingy said...

Must have been one heck of a cold bike ride...

Really awesome to hear about the change in the workout schedule! I hope this will help ease some of the other things to, by letting you have more rest and focus better on work. :)